CHLOE LEGRAS // I try to learn something new everyday. I never want to wake up as the same person I was yesterday.
BRIEF HISTORY: BORN AND RAISED IN RENO, NEVADA, I MOVED TO LIKELY, CALIFORNIA IN MAY OF 2014 SO THAT MY FIANCÉ COULD RELOCATE FOR HIS JOB. CURRENTLY LIVING ON A 167,000 ACRE CATTLE RANCH, I SPEND MY TIME DIY'ING, experimenting with recipes, BLOGGING, AND FINDING A WAY TO INTEGRATE THE FARM LIFESTYLE INTO MY OLD 'CITY GIRL' ways.
2008-2010 Truckee Meadows Community College HS
2008-2010 Truckee Meadows Community College / Associate of Science
2010-2014 University of Nevada Reno / Bachelor of Science: Marketing
- 2006-2010 The Child Garden at South Meadows: This is where I discovered I wanted to be in the creative industry; children inspired me to find new uses in everyday things.
- 2010-2013 Nanny for a private family: This is when I learned Vermouth doesn't just belong behind the bar. It's also when I discovered fresh sage is completely underrated in the herb world. Then, when I discovered the two could be combined - it rocked my world!
- 2012-current Etsy shop owner: Having a small business that is run out of my house, has helped me develop organizational and communication skills.
- September 2014- current 'Boxwood Avenue': The amount I've learned in the past year regarding writing and blogging, far surpasses all that I learned in college. I hope to make a career of blogging, with an emphasis on food and DIY.
- Regular contributor to Society Letters: Writing for Society Letters has forced me to expand my writing skills, and experiment with different styles, which helped me...
- ...get published on the HuffPost Blog, and my mom's refrigerator.
Self Taught Skills:
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Photography - 99% of the photography on Boxwood Avenue is my own.
- Semi fluent in other creative cloud products (illustrator, indesign).
Personal values and traits:
- I love learning new things, and have the ability to pick up new technology very quickly.
- Great organizational skills
- Extremely self-motivated
- Creative to the core
- Enjoy working under pressure