This refreshing gin and grapefruit cocktail is the perfect way to relax at the end of the day. Made with fresh grapefruit and your gin of choice, you will love this recipe all year round!
A Perfectly Refreshing Gin and Grapefruit Cocktail
This cocktail recipe was born out of a desire to refresh the collins. The combination of gin and grapefruit in this refreshing citrus cocktail is one way to get me to eat (or rather, drink!) Ruby Reds.
Ingredients for the Grapefruit and Gin Cocktail
- Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice: fresh squeezed is always best! However you can certainly use store bought.
- High quality gin: I absolutely love Uncle Val’s gin, but whatever you prefer will be delicious.
- Simple syrup: You can make your own with 1:1 parts sugar and hot water, or try an herb infused simple syrup.
- Soda Water: I love topping cocktails with soda water to make the cocktail a spritz!
What type of gin is best?
I personally love Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin, it’s hands down my favorite gin! The botanical flavors are fantastic and it feels light and herbal. Perfect with a rosemary simple syrup or with golden berries!
Where to get grapefruit juice?
Making your own fresh squeezed grapefruit juice will make your cocktails feel elevated and take them to the next level! If you want restaurant quality cocktails, making your own juices and syrups is a great way to achieve that!
Gin Grapefruit Cocktail
- 2 oz fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 oz good quality gin
- 1 oz simple syrup or less, to taste
- 2 oz soda water
- Shake grapefruit juice, gin, and simple syrup well over ice.
- Pour into an ice filled glass, and top with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and a slice of grapefruit if desired.