Valentine’s Day Treat: Sweetheart Cream Cheese Popcorn
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my disclosure policy.
What’s better than pink cream cheese popcorn for Valentine’s Day? This Valentine’s Day treat makes for the perfect, easy gift!
The Sweetest Valentine’s Day Treat
I knew I had to figure out how to create a sweet, pink cream cheese popcorn after visiting a little shop in Reno called “Nothing Bundt Cakes” – they sell bundt cakes, but they also sell popcorn. Melt in your mouth popcorn. The kind of popcorn you have dreams about.
The only problem about having dreams about their popcorn is that their shop is located about 200 miles away from the ranch. So, unless I’ve got some real dedication to getting that popcorn, it’s pretty much unattainable.
I decided to recreate their recipe at home. I guessed that the secret ingredient for making the popcorn is cream cheese frosting (what they top their bundt cakes with), but wanted to double check, so before heading out the door to the General Store, I called my friend Katie and asked her if she knew how to make the Nothing Bundt Cake popcorn. She said, “Whatever you do, make sure you don’t get buttered popcorn in the bag. That’s a recipe for disaster.”
Table of Contents
The General Store had pre-made cream cheese frosting which was perfect for this recipe. However, if you have a bit more time on your hands, you can always make your own!
I got to poppin’ and mixed in the cream cheese frosting. The results – dream worthy! Darn, it was good. I hope you’re able to try this recipe out, because it’s worth every gram of sugar!
To finish things off, I whipped up a few popcorn gift boxes using my Cricut and some double stick tape. These make for the cutest little boxes for little ones this Valentine’s Day! If you love your Cricut too, try these DIY Valentine’s Straws for love day!
The Popcorn Ingredients
- Popcorn Kernels – Make sure to get the unbuttered kind to pop on the stove.
- Pre-made Cream Cheese Frosting – If you have time, you can always make your own!
More of My Favorite Valentine’s Day Treats:
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to Create Popcorn gift Boxes
- Open this project
Cut. I used sparkly card stock, and set my blade to the highest setting.
- Bend the box into shape
Use double stick tape to secure it together. Line with a bit of parchment paper, and fill with Sweetheart Popcorn!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (or two bags of popcorn rinsed well)
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- On medium heat, warm the oil in a wide saucepan. Add kernels, and shake the pan to coat the kernels with oil.
- Cover the saucepan, and wait 2-3 minutes. Then, right before the kernels begin to pop, add the powdered sugar, and shake to coat the kernels. Re-cover, and wait for the popping to begin! Continue shaking the pan so that the kernels don’t burn, but don’t uncover! Turn the heat down if you feel the popcorn is burning.
- Once the kernels are popped, remove the popcorn from the saucepan and place into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the frosting over the top, and use a large wooden spoon to stir. Top with sprinkles, and serve in popcorn boxes!