Get the recipe for this easy patriotic champagne cocktail the enjoy on 4th of July! And make sure to check out all of our favorite 4th of July party ideas while you’re here!
There are so many ways to make your Fourth of July party festive without purchasing anything specific for the holiday! In my opinion, one of the best ways to celebrate any holiday is with a nice chilled glass of champagne, but adding sweet blueberry syrup makes this champagne cocktail recipe super festive and fun! The cherry on top is a patriotic cocktail stir stick made from ribbon scraps and popsicle sticks!
This blueberry syrup is infused with rosemary from the garden that cuts the sweetness with its herbal taste. I absolutely love rosemary, but if it isn’t your favorite herb, you could easily use thyme, or skip it altogether!
I’d recommend using a brut or extra brut sparkling wine / champagne for this recipe simply because the syrup is already very sweet. Opting for a sweet wine might be a bit too much (unless you live for sweet cocktails). If you’ve already got a bottle of sweet wine in the fridge, just add a bit less sugar to the syrup!
Patriotic Champagne Cocktail Recipe with Rosemary Infused Blueberry Syrup
- 1 C Blueberries
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 T Water + 2 cups water
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Sparkling Wine or Champagne
- Step 1: Combine blueberries, rosemary, sugar, and a tablespoon of water in saucepan over low heat. Allow the the blueberries to release their juices - about 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Gently crush the blueberries with the back of a spoon, and add 2 cups water to the mixture. Stir to combine and simmer on very low for about 30 minutes. You want the consistency of syrup rather than jam, if the mixture becomes too thick, add more water and reduce heat.
- Step 3: After about 30 minutes, the mixture should resemble syrup. Remove the rosemary sprigs, and place the syrup into a glass jar to cool.
- Step 4: Once cooled, spoon 1 tablespoon of syrup into a champagne glass. Top with sparkling wine or champagne and enjoy!
- Don't forget to garnish your patriotic cocktail with a DIY 4th of July cocktail stirrer!
Regardless of the holiday, keeping a jar of infused syrup in the fridge is a great summer staple! You never know when you’re going to have a last minute BBQ or visitor! Being able to add this syrup to any cocktail is a quick trick for last minute hostessing.
You can add this to just about any cocktail, and it will be delicious! Try a tablespoon of this blueberry syrup with gin, lemon juice, and soda water. Or lemon LaCroix + vodka!
The syrup lasts about a week and a half in the fridge, but mine never seems to last that long. A tablespoon goes a long way, I think you will love this recipe!
If you haven’t checked out our other 4th of July party ideas, I hope you’ll stay awhile and check them out! We have some quick and easy tips for decorating, a simple DIY favor bag, patriotic cocktail stir sticks, and of course, this yummy champagne cocktail!
Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope we inspired you to have an extra special Fourth of July!